You’ve booked your ezra screening appointment – so, what’s next?
In this article, we will outline what you need to know as you prepare for your ezra screening.
Priority No. 1: Make Sure That You’ve Completed Your Medical Questionnaire
The ezra Medical Questionnaire (MQ) is a set of about 18 questions that help our medical staff better understand your medical history.
It’s important for our team to understand any underlying conditions or needs you might have in order to ensure that an MRI screening is safe for you and to provide you with the appropriate service.
If your MQ isn’t completed at least 48 hours before your screening, your appointment will have to be canceled or rescheduled.
To find and fill out your MQ, log into your My Ezra Account.
Priority No. 2: Determine If You Need an Initial Consultation
You will find out whether you need an Initial Consultation (IC) once you complete your ezra MQ.
When you submit your MQ, one of two things will happen:
1. You will be prompted to schedule an Initial Consultation appointment OR
2. You will not be prompted to schedule another appointment and you will move onto focusing on Priority No. 3 below.
ICs are appointments with ezra’s Medical Team during which you will have a short conversation with a member of the team. These appointments are requested by our medical providers to ensure that the screening is indeed safe for you based on your medical history.
If you are prompted to schedule an IC, make sure to schedule your appointment as soon as possible since availability is limited.
If your IC isn’t completed at least 48 hours before your screening, your appointment will be canceled or rescheduled.
ICs at ezra do not occur in person. Instead, we use Zoom to connect you with our medical providers from the comfort of your own home.
When you schedule your IC appointment, Zoom information will be sent directly to your email inbox. There are two ways to join a Zoom meeting:
- Through a Zoom link that can be found in the email we send you.
- By using a dial-in phone number. You can find instructions for this option here.
Remember that ezra’s Medical Team will not call you directly and that you will be expected to join the Zoom meeting via the two methods described above.
If you have trouble booking your IC appointment, you can contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and an ezra Care Advisor will help you schedule it.
Priority No. 3: Send the Necessary Documentation
If you have an implant that requires clearance or scan approval from our MRI Specialists, send your Care Advisor all of the necessary documentation immediately to avoid delaying your screening appointment. Documentation can include implant cards, operations reports, doctor notes, etc.
A member of our Care Team will contact you if further information is required on your listed implant.
Ezra will only provide comparisons on prior ezra screenings. We cannot provide comparisons from prior scans obtained outside of ezra.
If you do not have an implant that requires clearance, you will move onto focusing on Priority No. 4 below.
Priority No. 4: Ensure Your Payment Information is Up to Date
Payment is charged the day before your screening appointment.
Payment information can be updated through your My Ezra account under the “Account” tab.
Priority No. 5: Review the Scan Prep Instructions
Make sure you understand the following instructions about how to best prepare for your scan:
- Can I eat and drink on the day of my screening? Yes, you can eat and drink the day of your screening. However, it is recommended to eat lighter (e.g. no fried, greasy, heavy foods) and to eat less gassy foods (e.g. soda, seltzer water, beans, broccoli, cabbage, etc.). Also, try to limit fluid intake about 1.5 to 2 hours prior to your screening so that you don’t feel the need to stop the scan multiple times to use the restroom.
- Can I have caffeinated beverages (e.g. coffee, tea) prior to my scan? Yes, you may have caffeinated beverages (unless you are having a coronary artery calcium test with your low-dose Chest CT). Just be mindful of when you have caffeine if it usually causes you to need to use the restroom.
- Can I have sexual activity before my scan? If you are getting a scan that includes your pelvis/prostate, to best image your seminal vesicles (glands located behind the bladder that produce semen fluid), you should refrain from sexual activity causing ejaculation 48 to 72 hours prior to your scan. This does not apply to women or men who are having screenings that do not include the pelvis/prostate.
- When should I arrive at the imaging center? Please arrive at the imaging center at least 30 minutes prior to your scan time. This will allow you to review and sign your pre-completed paperwork, speak to the radiology technician, change your clothes, and be on the scanning table at the time of your scheduled appointment.
For more frequently asked questions, visit our FAQ page.
Priority No. 6: If Necessary, Cancel or Reschedule Your Appointment
If you need to cancel or change your screening appointment, please do so on My Ezra or notify our team 24 hours in advance. You can email the team at email@example.com or contact your Care Advisor.
If you are more than 15 minutes late to your screening the imaging center may cancel your appointment.
Rescheduling or canceling your screening appointment with less than 48 hours notice will result in a full charge to the credit card on file. You will still be able to reschedule the appointment.
If you do not show up to your appointment without notifying ezra, you will be charged the full amount. You will still be able to reschedule the appointment.
Learn more about what to expect during and after your ezra screening.
Here Is a Quick Checklist To Prepare for Your Screening
- Complete Out Your Medical Questionnaire (MQ) at Least 48h Before Your Screening
- Determine Whether You Need an Initial Consultation (IC)
If Necessary, Schedule Your IC at Least 48h Before Your Screening
- Send Necessary Documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org If You Have an Implant
- Ensure Your Payment Information Is Up To Date in the My Ezra ‘Accounts’ Tab
- Review the Scan Prep Instructions
- If Necessary, Cancel or Reschedule Your Appointment in My Ezra or By Emailing email@example.com at Least 24h in Advance
- Get to your appointment on time — If you are more than 15 minutes late to your screening the imaging center may cancel your appointment.
Recommended reading: What to Expect During Your ezra Full-Body MRI Screening