Our mission at Ezra is to detect cancer early for everyone in the world. We offer a direct-to-consumer cancer screening service that leverages MRI and Artificial Intelligence to make cancer screening fast, accurate and affordable. We are fully operational in multiple states including New York, California, Florida, New Jersey and Nevada with an MRI-based full-body program covering 13 organs.
We believe in empowering people to be proactive with their health decisions, so we are offering Ezra as a direct-to-consumer health membership. Our members sign up for an Ezra, visit a partner imaging center to get an MRI scan, and receive a comprehensive cancer screening report within 7 business days.
You will be responsible for providing the best possible clinical care to Ezra members and ensure every interaction they have with the company is exceptional. You will also influence our clinical workflow, and have an opportunity to participate in research studies we conduct.
As an Ezra Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Asynchronously review the member’s medical history and conduct pre-scan telehealth consultations with patients to assess their health history, family history of cancer, and answer any clinical questions they may have.
- Review and generate medical orders for our members’ MRI scans, based on the consultations you hold with them.
- Review members’ radiology reports from their Ezra scans and prepare reports that translate the radiology results in layman’s terms, and provide actionable next steps per the radiologist’s report and evidence-based guidelines.
- Conduct post-scan telehealth consultations with members to communicate their results, and answer any questions they may have.
- Work with a collaborating physician in applicable states.
- Liaise with radiologist and specialist physicians regarding scan findings as needed.
- Conduct clinical research to help expand our cancer screening programs and inform product decisions.
- Participate in writing research papers to bring a clinical perspective to our cancer screening efforts.
- Take an active role in improving our end-to-end member experience by collaborating with Ezra’s engineering, product and operations teams.
- Ensure the clinical database is regularly updated to comply with the latest standard guidelines of evidence-based care.
- Collaborate in developing and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs) for existing and upcoming products.
Who you are
You are an experienced board-certified Nurse Practitioner licensed in multiple states (NY, CA, FL, NJ, NV preferred) who cares deeply about helping people detect cancer early.
You’re patient-centric, have a can-do, flexible attitude and enjoy making people feel safe and special. You’re compassionate, personable, and a team player.
You are knowledgeable and comfortable operating telehealth platforms and using multiple applications such as Zoom, Slack.
- Excellent clinical skills
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Strong understanding of medical imaging, in particular MRI (preferred)
- Have a quiet work environment/office space with high speed internet connectivity.
- Ability to conduct clinical research with the data we collect
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent listening skills
- Helpful attitude
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Flexible and resourceful
What’s in it for you?
As an Ezra Nurse Practitioner, you have the opportunity to be an early employee at Ezra and work with an all-star team focused on detecting cancer early for everyone in the world and shaping the future of medicine. You’re also going to have access to benefits such as:
- Stock options
- State RN/NP License and CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for your and your family
- Wellness benefits
- Competitive vacation policy
- A culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony
- Healthy food and snacks at NYC office
- Off-sites and happy hours in NYC
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.